Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Summer, do you really have to end??

We have all had just a little too much fun this summer. Justin went to school in the spring, but had summer term off. Plus he was only working part-time which meant we had Tuesdays AND Thursdays together. Talk about living the dream! We actually got to see each other!! I was in heaven playing with my baby and family and not stressing about getting ready for another school year. And Justin was feeling free and easy without loads of homework hanging over him. 

We had LOTS of sunny swim days. 






What's more American and summery than going to a parade? 

We went shopping while Justin went camping with the young men. 

Girls day to the Thanksgiving Point Gardens. Gorgeous. 



Exploring the new museum...

Swanson grand kids are just too cute! 

Just a few darling moments...






Izzy girl has become quite the giggler and squealer. She can hit notes I didn't even know existed! 

Ok so we are silhouetted. But... we went to Wicked!! And loved every second of it. It was Justin's first time seeing it. I could see it every day if I was rich enough. Thank you mom and dad!! 

Ryan and Baley made a pit stop in Utah before going back to Indiana and we loved spending time with them. I hope they can move back the second that smarty pants is done at Notre Dame because we miss them so much. 

We spent an afternoon showing Izzy the Bean museum on campus. She didn't get what was going on, but she was sure happy! 

A little day trip to Salt Lake. Izzy loved Temple Square. 


First BYU football game was victorious!! Phew... Justin is a happy man for now...

Go cougs! 


We celebrated Labor Day by going on a fun and beautiful hike up the canyon and then having a cook out for lunch. Nothing beats the fresh mountain air. 


Justin carved our initials in a tree and Izzy helped. 

Birthday s'more! I even got to open a couple presents around the campfire since it was my birthday eve. 

Justin had work and started school on my birthday but I went out to lunch with my mom and sister and went shopping which was so fun! And Justin surprised me with dinner at P.F. Chang's-one of my very favorite restaurants! I was sooo spoiled this year. My love gave me a road bike!! It is so beautiful and rides like a dream. My family spoiled me with such nice gifts and I felt so loved the whole day. Love you family!! 



This summer has been one to remember. As much as I hate to see it end, I'm just a little excited for fall leaves and candy corn :). 

3 comments:

  1. i love all your pictures of Izzy!! I can't believe what a doll she is. I just want to love on her cute little cheeks! ah! can't wait to see you all in November. I'm so happy you guys had such a fun summer and that you got a road bike. you are going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I seriously love my bike. And we can't wait to see you again and that little baby bump!!

      Delete