Monday, January 12, 2015

My holiday top ten

have always loved the holiday season. I love curling up in big cozy blankets and drinking hot chocolate. I love driving around and looking at the festive lights. I love wrapping gifts and decorating the house. But I really really love spending time with the ones I love the most. 

This Christmas was our first as parents! Having a baby makes everything more fun. I find myself rediscovering the magic through Isabelle's eyes. The sound of Christmas carols, the smell of cinnamon pine cones, and the touch of cold snowflakes. 

We had the best Christmas loaded with lots of family time (minus a couple family members 😢). We spent Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with both of our families. What a blessing!! 

There were so many wonderful moments and highlights during this holiday season, but I'm going to try and narrow it down to my top ten...

#10- Decorating the tree and condo. Izzy was intrigued by the lights and ornaments!



#9- Doing "The 12 days of service". For each of the twelve days before Christmas we did something to serve someone else. It helped us focus on our Savior and the true meaning of Christmas as we looked beyond ourselves to think of others. 

#8- Speaking of The true meaning of Christmas… These videos:



#7- Seeing the Christmas lights. We didn't make it up to Temple Square this year, but we did get to see the tree of life in Draper Park. It was a beauty! I also loved just driving around and seeing all the beautiful light displays in the neighborhoods.


#6-  Our anniversary is on December 15 which is so fun and magical. We celebrated by going out to dinner and seeing Justin's brother in a musical. I love having our anniversary at such a beautiful time of year. (Darn it, we forgot to get a picture!) I love you Justin! Happy three years!

#5- The Christmas Eve talent show with my family. Isabelle and Justin did a joint talent this year showcasing their incredible ability to stand while holding onto the door frame. We didn't get a picture from that night, but here's a picture of Izzy doing it by herself. What a funny girl! 


#4-  Holiday shopping with my little sweetheart! 


#3- Bowling as Elphaba on New Year's eve. Apparently the party lights brought out my emerald complexion. 

P.s. I look like this in all the pictures! That green light wouldn't leave my face. 

#2- Justin's face when he opened his gift from me. He was so surprised- especially because I was very very sneaky and completely threw him off with what I said and how I wrapped it :-).

#1- And finally, the thing I loved most of all this Christmas was... 





Seeing this sweet babe of mine enjoy every second of opening and playing with her presents!

We hope you had a very Merry Christmas and wish you the happiest new year! 




3 comments:

  1. aww Izzy is so adorable! I just want to cuddle her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the pics!! Love that Izzy girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved spending Christmas with you guys. It was so fun to have you there on Christmas Eve and Christmas morning! Love you!

    ReplyDelete